Aciera F3

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshafter

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a Aciera F3 on hand ;) Is there any of you that have experience with this mill.
Produced may be in he the 60-70's. its the round style model. from pics. its looking great. comes with tilting table and slotting attachment and the price suits me ;D

Best
CS

CS

I have an F1. What's the collet size on the F3?
Their awesome machines...but tooling is pricey! :eek:

Dave

Hi steamer.
The Aciera F3 comes with R8 spindle-taper.
CS

OH your kidding me!

GET IT!

Talk about the best of both worlds! most came with W20 or W25 spindle noses....very expensive collets even used.

Dave

Not used one myself but have used a similar sized universal type mill. If the price is right and it's in good condition it's a no brainer - it's an Aciera ... ;D Lets see some pictures if you get it.

Vic.

By all means if its been taken care of and most were it should be a go! Most were though

They take care of investments like that usually. This aint no cement mixer ;D

Dave

steamer said:
By all means if its been taken care of and most were it should be a go! Most were though

They take care of investments like that usually. This aint no cement mixer ;D

Dave
Dave
Cement mixer, yes I have one of those RF-clone mixers. The noice from it, driving me mad. :big:
I will have a chat with the seller tomorrow.
CS
CS

You are a lucky fella if you get the F3. I also have an F1 and feel great everytime I look at it or use it. (all weekend)
Enjoy!

Actually, I just ordered some Grizzly DRO's for it today. And, I figured out how to mount them without compromising the machine with holes.

crankshafter said:
Dave
Cement mixer, yes I have one of those RF-clone mixers. The noice from it, driving me mad. :big:
I will have a chat with the seller tomorrow.
CS
CS

Actually I envisioned a very well and truly clapped out Bridgeport covered in grinding dust and rust....but substitute the image of your choice....

Dave

OK Mosey

clearly you've been holding out on me! ;D

Pictures please......the dials are getting hard to read these days

Dave

Hi
I just replaced a digital readout on one of our F3, the new readout displays your polar position as well as your linear position.
We have 3 x F3, 2 x F4 & a F5 in our shop along with half a dozen Deckels. ;D

Paul

Hi Guys,
For those of you who don't have or cant afford to buy an Aciera, (that's me on both accounts but if the lottery is friendly....), here are a few videos that might make you want one.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-PPh8KFjMM&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFf75JbPgPI&list=WL43F5BB844A5C0A74&index=42&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Don't worry that they are in French, as anyone on this site should get the gist with no problem.
Ned

Well, Dave, I guess you want some pictures, so here are a few quick snapshots. This is not a chipless shop, and I am in the middle of a piece, so it isn't tidy. Please excuse the mess. I will have to take some more next week when I mount the DRO's.
This is Heidi (Swiss miss), and she doesn't like my showing her to all of the rough guys down in the shop.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Thanks Mosey!

I'm real interested in how your putting a DRO on Heidi....her sister is in need!

Dave

steamer said:
Thanks Mosey!

I'm real interested in how your putting a DRO on Heidi....her sister is in need!

Dave
The idea is to make a pair of thin double-dovetail brackets that will fit onto the main table dovetail, and support the new scale below the bottom of the table ways. I think it will be easier to see than describe, so be patient. Now you must show your pictures!!!!!

If I had to compete with a bid on that machine my time would be about,,,,a nanosecond.

They don't give those away.

I was in the right place at the right time with my F1....and no I'm not selling her! :big:

Dave

Mosey said:
The idea is to make a pair of thin double-dovetail brackets that will fit onto the main table dovetail, and support the new scale below the bottom of the table ways. I think it will be easier to see than describe, so be patient. Now you must show your pictures!!!!!

OK OK

and don't forget to show all of those special dividing heads, tables, boring heads, slotting heads, etc., etc.

Pictures taken. It takes a while to upload Photobucket. Patience ;D

Latest posts

Back