A peep inside my new home workshop, including concrete bench

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hill

Reaction score
John Hill said:
Shop pictures...

Workbench with Drummond lathe at the end of the bench, note how tidy I like to keep my bench!!! LOL

IMGP9398 by aardvark_akubra, on Flickr

...this is my new concrete bench showing 12x36 lathe, 10" cold saw and little Adept shaper..

IMGP9396 by aardvark_akubra, on Flickr

....a more general view of the shop...

IMGP9397 by aardvark_akubra, on Flickr

....another view of the concrete workbench, two part epoxy paint seems to be able to stand up to oil but it hasnt been exposed to coolant fluids...

IMGP9392 by aardvark_akubra, on Flickr.

I have grouted under the headstock end of the lathe but the tailstock is just standing on bolts until everything settles a little more but even as it is the lathe is much more solid and I dare say quieter in operation. The shaper and the cold cut saw are standing on rubber feet (the biggest rubber door stops I could find).

That looks all very nice John. Very jealous of the room and gear you have. I am stuck in a 2.5 x 4m tin shed with small equipment, but I am having fun.

Barry

Nicely done John. Yes I am also jealous of having that much space...i can only dream of that!

Thanks for sharing the pictures

Bill

Nice shop! What sort of cutoff saw is that you have behind the lathe headstock? Looks interesting.
Brock

Thanks for the comments!

I dont know the brand name of the cold cut saw, it has 2hp motor driving a very slow, about 30 rpm, 10" HSS saw blade. Munches through steel bars like they were butter!

Latest posts

Back