A key ingredient for a home shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
With my current build nearing its end it was time to make a wooden base. I don't like to wait for the very end and have the project held up while waiting for the finish coats to dry.
So I brought out my powered miter saw and small table router. There kept out of my way in their original boxes since my shop is tight and congested. I need to wire up the vacuum hose to them do to the lack of proper fittings. After the saw was hooked up I cut the piece of wood needed and realized I forgot to turn on the vacuum. Oops, not a big deal since this is not the first time I forgot a step.
I brought out the router and wired up the vacuum hose. After I routed the edges I realized, I DID IT AGAIN!

A little absent minded to say the least! ???

"Honey" won't mind, she likes to dust! ;D

Joking aside, lets not forget that the key ingredient for a home shop is an understanding wife with a good sense of Humor!
-MB

Get yourself a "master/slave" socket. ;) My shop vacuum has an integrated power tool socket that automatically switches on when you switch the tool on. ;D

(Quote)

A little absent minded to say the least!

"Honey" won't mind, she likes to dust!

Joking aside, lets not forget that the key ingredient for a home shop is an understanding wife with a good sense of Humor!
-MB
Quote)

yes sir the best thing in life is a happy woman :bow: mine is very suportive with my hobbies. even when i make boo boo's
;D :big:

My "Honey" gets so involved she actually understands what I'm talking about when I talk "Shop!"
Just a few minutes ago she came home with that glowing excited look. I know that it means she brought home some "goodyies" for me.

The "catch of the day" includes a unopened can of Tap Magic for aluminum. Nine factory sealed tapered reamers, about 100 new drill bits all under 3/16", and best part is a sealed can of #277 Corundum valve grinding compound! I was looking at the Clover brand just the other day and couldn't bring myself to pay the price.

Since she paid out of her hobby money I asked "how much do I owe you?"
She smiled and said " don't worry about it dear, all of it was only 2 bucks" :-*

Need I say more.

-MB

Hey Metal Butcher you need to give her a big fat kiss right on the mouth for that great bargin. Cliff.

Yep! And if I sent her $2 can she .......

Latest posts

Back