• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A Boiler Feed Pump By Maudsley, Sons & Field: Free!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnLanark

Reaction score
Here is a part done project that is free to someone who will take it on and post progress and finished photos on this board.

I have a lovely (English) book "Burgh's Marine Engineering" from 1869. One of the fold out plates shows a twin screw launch engine and boiler. It has a neat rotative feed pump.

Johnlanark

Some years ago, I scaled up the pump part of the drawing on a copier to around seven inches long, made patterns and had castings made through Norman Spink.

Johnlanark

Johnlanark

My idea was to use it to do a job of work on my steam boat. However I soon realised it was too small and it has lain under the bench. Now I am too busy building a new 20 foot steamboat to get round to completing it as a model, and it would be good to see it finished. There are no detailed drawings, and soem tricky port drilling to be done. Is anyone up for it? You can have the patterns too. UK preferred for postage. John in Lanark, Scotland

(My attempt at attaching photos didn't work, hopefully you can view them at the links.)

Latest posts

Back