8 Stomp 'ore Mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmechthings

Reaction score
I had every intent to build a scale model of a century old stamp mill of the kind that was used to crush ore, and pulled a bunch of information off the internet in preparation to get started, but before it got underway my whimsy side got in the way. I have a terrible time staying serious all the time when there are so many fun thing in life to get in the way. Anyway here is what turned out.

Thanks for sharing that Birk. I sure like those bells:eek:)

Rof} I did at least stick to the program with mine. ;D

bucket#1.jpg

Really cool.

When I started this hobby early this year...it was that kind of thing that helped get me interested...and then I got sidetracked...

That is hysterical! I laughed out loud, at work no less. Who says we take ourselves to seriously!.
Thx
MikeR C

now that was great ;D thank you for sharing this . th_wav th_wav

Birk
Am I the only one who gets the thread title?.....ROFL. Great one!!

Steve

Yeah Steve, I got it. Sorta leaps to the eye!

That's great! ;D ;D

I've got a collection of pics and drawings to make a stamp battery myself one of these days, but it'll be a while the way things are going..

Oldmechthings said:
I had every intent to build a scale model of a century old stamp mill of the kind that was used to crush ore, and pulled a bunch of information off the internet in preparation to get started, but before it got underway my whimsy side got in the way. I have a terrible time staying serious all the time when there are so many fun thing in life to get in the way. Anyway here is what turned out.
EXCELLENT !! Love it !! Now you've got to get it powered by a steam engine :big:

tel - sweet model - how about a separate build/picture thread for your stamp mill ?? I've seen a few of those in their native environment in Colorado and CA. They look simple, yet the design is quite sophisticated !

Mike

Brik, missed you, glad to see you here, love your mechanical marvels your like another one on in this group always coming up with such neat ideas, you fellows must never sleep and must be several thousand years old to get all you get done, thanks, Lathe Nut

Latest posts

Back