Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0$$

Reaction score
Howdy, my name is Hoss and I'm new to this forum. I am now retired (disabled sounds very negative) and living in the Texas hill country about an hour west of Austin. In my past life I was an electrician and I competed in the world of competitive Bass fishing. After having both knees replaced, and several major back fusion surgeries, I'm trying to spend some time doing hobby machining. This will provide me a way of escaping some of my wife's honey-do NOVEL, and get me moving without having to pay some physical therapist just to watch me breathe, and walk. I have NO intentions of turning this into a business, or profiting from this hobby, I want to have fun, and continue to learn new things. I have recently started haunting a couple of forums, and I watch a Tremendous amount of YouTube. I enjoy the transfer and sharing of knowledge. "Note" If I ask someone to share drawings/prints with me they can feel assured that I will NOT use them for profit, nor will I further distribute them without their permission. Currently I have a Harbor Freight BD812 8x14 lathe, Grizzly 8689 mini mill, each manual w DRO - no CNC, along with other smaller equipment, assorted tools and gadgets. My shop is 16’ x 16’ so Everything’s on wheels, and can easily be shifted around. Well that's me, thanks for your time. I look forward to speaking with y'all again ( in a Much shorter version )Currently I have a Harbor Freight BD812 8x14 lathe, Grizzly 8689 mini mill, each manual w DRO - no CNC, along with other smaller equipment, assorted tools and gadgets. My shop is 16’ x 16’ so Everything’s on wheels, and can easily be shifted around.

Latest posts

Back