• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale 3AT Collet set -- Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trlvn

Reaction score
Offering a set of 16 3AT collets from 1/32 to 1/2 inch together with a Morse taper 3 adapter. Asking $75 Canadian plus any shipping at cost.

Overall.jpg

My understanding is that these were designed to work with an Atlas, South Bend or Logan lathe with a MT3 spindle. Missing is an appropriate draw bar/draw tube to tighten the collets. I got these in an auction lot--let's just leave out the sad sorry of a crappy description and even worse photos!

Adapter size.jpg

Collets are all "Burnerd Made in England" except the 1/32 and 3/32 size which are marked "Royal". Collets are a bit dirty but otherwise appear to be in good condition. No obvious dings or burrs. Wooden storage box can be included.

markings.jpg

Given the very small sizes, are most useful for doing small scale work. Models, clocks, precision instruments, etc. A random posting on the internet suggested doing carburetor needles!

Local pickup in Oakville, ON would obviously be the easiest. Without the storage box, these will fit in a small flat rate box for shipment anywhere in Canada, $20. I think it would be about $30 in Canada with the box. It will be more to ship elsewhere--give me an address and I can check. I can take payment via eTransfer in Canada and PayPal elsewhere, which can be in USD if necessary.

Craig

Latest posts

Back