#29 Mine Engine. Show & Tell Time.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Have you built, or are you currently building Elmer's #29 Mine Engine?

I would love to see pictures (or links to pictures) of your progress!

Anything you would like to contribute would be appreciated. :)

-MB

MB.

This was mine from an age ago. Unfortunately a bad accident with photobucket left a lot of the photos in the first parts missing.

I altered the operating are linkage to get a more compact engine, and also fitted a slip eccentric on the flywheel, to allow the engine to go in the direction I turn the flywheel on start.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=389.0

Blogs

Thanks Blogs. That quite an amazing piece of work there. Your finished built dosen't retain much of the basic look to identify it as Elmers #29. You used a lot of creativity to make it suit your taste and idea of how it should look. Well done!

Thank you for your reply.

-MB

Blogwitch said:
MB,

Those were the good old days when time to do something meant nothing. 12 hours in the shop was a normal sort of day.

I see Dave Wimshurst has just done one similar, with a slip eccentric on the flywheel, but with not so much bling, That might be the way you should go.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=8508

Blogs

I'm not big on the extra effort that "bling' requires. I usually simplify my builds and add a few minor changes that suit my taste. Sort of a 'less is more' approach.
I don't care to spend too much time on any one build since I loose interest rather quickly.

Thanks again, for taking the time to reply to my post.

-MB

MB,
Seems like I may have responded to a similar post elsewhere. If it was yours forgive the redundancy. I have a Mine engine in progress now, though not of Elmer's plans. I believe the one I'm building with a 1.20" bore is larger. The action is very cool to watch. Good luck with your efforts. I'll be on the lookout for your posts.

Cheers,
Phil

I built one about 3 years ago. No bling but it ran well.

Mine%20Engine%20Done%201.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyPSdNP1Au8[/ame]

That was before I owned a decent camera. :-\

Rick

Hi Rick. That's a beautiful engine and it looks very familiar. Your not gonna believe this story!

I joined Elmer's Yahoo group about 2-1/2 years ago. When I looked through the photo section I was floored. There was this guy named Rake that had a big amount of completed builds. Wow was I impressed and what an inspiration he was. I went right to building my first Elmer's engine and posted pictures. I built a few more and then learned about this forum. Wow, I just had to become a part of this forum and joined.

At the time I didn't know who this Rake60 guy was! :big:

Thanks Rick!

-MB

Nice build Rick. Further motivation for me to finish the one I'm working on

Cheers,
Phil

This is my Mine engine I built several years ago. I also have made complete set of drawings.

IMG_0072.jpg

Welcome to the forum enginemaker1.
Very nice model.
If you don't mind...make a post in the Welcome thread and tell us more about yourself.
It's a great forum!

By golly enginemaker1 - that Mine engine looks mighty familiar ;) Nice looking engine - I'm sure I saw it in Kent ,Connecticut a few years ago.

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back