1929 Maytag Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
Did I need this.......no.

But a friend had a customer who collects antique machinery...he thought of me...and now I own a 1929 Maytag (92 Style) gas engine. I plan on documenting the entire restoration project here...this is definitely a work in progress!

001.jpg

002.jpg

Hi Vascon
You should check out shopdogsams YouTube page. Old School and he has a ton of information on restoring/repairing the Maytag 92. Sometimes he does take 10 minutes to explain something that looks like it should have only taken 3 but hell he’s just great to watch. Your’s is in way better shape than what he’s starting with.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cRKRQICtU[/ame]

Caution: Some may require an English to East Coast of Arkansas dictionary.

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing this...I can't wait to watch them.

Wow!

I just realized I never followed up with this.

I restored the entire engine...took it completely apart, coated the gas tank and other fuel mating parts with Red-Kote, recharged the magnet, new plug and wire, and all new gaskets.

The fuel pick-up tube was replaced also. The carb was completely taken apart and thoroughly cleaned. All exterior parts were sand-blasted, primed and painted with about 6 coats. So far no flaking and plenty of gas has spilled on it...paint is still good.

SAM_2533.jpg

SAM_2534.jpg

Back