16cc Freelance Hit and Miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryak

Reaction score
They say idle minds atrophy so in a small way this is an attempt to slow the process down.

I have had a go at a designing a Hit and Miss viz:

BHM1.jpg

I have posted the plans as a pdf in the downloads section.

If anyone would like the original TCW, (turboCAD), file please email me and I will forward a copy.

Best Regards
Bob

Awesome work Bob!

Thanks for sharing the plans.

Bob,
Thank you I have been looking a new project & I just found it.

hammer2100

Thanks loads Bob. And it's in inches too. :D :D :D

Ron

Kevin, Hammer, Ron and Brian,

Thanks for the kind words. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

hammer2100 said:
Bob,
Thank you I have been looking a new project & I just found it.

hammer2100

Hammer,

Thank you for being my tester and trials manager and for the compliment of thinking it's worthwhile. :bow: Please keep me informed so I can correct/improve anything you find.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob. Great job. I look forward to giving it a go when i finished the one im on now :bow:

Nice set of drawings Bob, one thing I did notice is that you show the piston 0.020" undersize for the bore, this seems a bit much to me and could give problems with piston slap, 0.005" would be more what I would go for.

J

Herbie and Jason,

Thanks for stopping by :bow: :bow:

Jason,

The piston size is from a formula that has its' origins in the writings of Tom Walkenshaw and Professor Craddock. I am not sure as to its' validity but so far I have not had any problems.

Maybe that's because I'm getting deafer as I get older. :-\

Best Regards
Bob

cant find the drawing.
where are they located.
thanks
jay

Top left of the homepage, just under where your avitar comes up. First item in the menu box "Downloads and uploads"

You have once again done HMEM members a great service in sharing your drawings, Bob. For this I applaud you and thank you for having done so.

BC1
Jim

Back