123 Blocks

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gail,

I am just awaiting a delivery from Victors, if I had known that they did metric ones, I would have ordered some at the same time. Postage is the killer from them to the UK.

I wonder if they suffer from the same problem as the Imperial ones? None thru fitting screws.

Bogs

Bogs,
The main thing is that if Victor, a USA dealer, has them then other dealers should have them available also. The USA market being rather limited, it would not make sense for them to have them made up special.

I have not looked around as most of my tooling is imperial. If I had a 25-50-75 set I am sure they would get stored in the same general location as my 1-2-3 blocks. I can only imagine the results of a midnight madness mix up with one of each in a setup. ???
Gail in NM

Gail,

I keep an eye on all the regular suppliers in the UK, and have never come across them.

Maybe someone like J&L will have them, but you are going to pay way over the top.

Victor have very reasonable prices indeed, and the quality is good as well, it is just that they won't use the cheapo methods of postage, which is such a shame.

One day I will find some, it is not as though my workshop will fall down around me just because I haven't got any.

Bogs

I really need to make some, i have a hf X2 44991, not the most rigid of machines. Really need to get a 2" vice for it, and a 3" if I can find one cheap enough. My 4" is a bit big, though thats going on a friend's rf-31.

I made a pair of half-size 1-2-3 blocks, i.e., 0.5-1-1.5, and they've turned out to be very handy, used by themselves or in combination with the 1-2-3 blocks.

If you're going to set up to make blocks, consider making a half-size set while you're at it.

Bogs,
..... If I had a 25-50-75 set I am sure they would get stored in the same general location as my 1-2-3 blocks. I can only imagine the results of a midnight madness mix up with one of each in a setup. ???
Gail in NM

Hence a set of 20-40-60 blocks would make much more sense.
Hmm, I'd use 6mm-1.00 threads, since I always have one 10mm combination wrench near the mill. 8mm-1.25 has a 13mm hex, so that's a contender as well.

Latest posts

Back