1/4 Scale #2 Drip Oiler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been working on a 1/4 scale oiler for my Gade engine.
This parts are very small and "fiddly"
It has been quite a challenge, but it came out really well.
Here are some pictures.
cheepo45

DSCN3112.jpg

DSCN3115.jpg

Excellent job.
gbritnell

Hi everyone,
I have been working on a 1/4 scale oiler for my Gade engine.
This parts are very small and "fiddly"
It has been quite a challenge, but it came out really well.
Here are some pictures.
cheepo45

very nice work.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the compliments.
This was made from the Martin and Morrison plans and kit.
The kit wasn't much-just a couple of small springs, a short piece of acrylic tubing, a small piece of sheet brass, and the instructions. I had to gather all the rest of the materials and do all the machining. This was a very interesting piece to build, but it will be a while before I build another one!
cheepo45

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the compliments.
This was made from the Martin and Morrison plans and kit.
The kit wasn't much-just a couple of small springs, a short piece of acrylic tubing, a small piece of sheet brass, and the instructions. I had to gather all the rest of the materials and do all the machining. This was a very interesting piece to build, but it will be a while before I build another one!
cheepo45

You can't expect too much for $8.50 shipped!

The great thing about the M&M 'kit' is that the design can be copied and enlarged to whatever scale, and the larger ones are easier to make!

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Here is a picture of one of the ones that I machined for my Little Brother engines (I'm working on two). They are nice little oilers and a fun project.
I made the spring clip from beryllium copper and heat treated it to make it springy.

I guess that I will need to make another one someday for may Gade engine when I get around to working on it.

Dave

IMG_0416_small.jpg

Latest posts

Back