Zeus book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orrin

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
In the thread about BA threads, the Zeus book was mentioned. What is the Zeus book? Does anyone have an author's name, ISBN, Web link or anything that would help me find one?

Thank you. :p

Best regards,

Orrin

Hi Orrin,
The Zeus book is in fact the UK's most secret weapon against marauding colonial engineers. It is produced and marketed in the UK.
If you type 'Zeus book' into google or flea-bay you will soon find a copy of one. Flea-bay is about the cheapest with the 'buy it now' at about £4:99p ($10). Don't know how much the postage would be to your part of the world.
It is only a very small reference book but contains most information you require about drilling and tapping, plus a load of conversion charts and generally information you can't live without. Almost every UK workshop must have one somewhere. It is designed to easily fit into your top pocket, and the leaves are encapsulated in plastic. I have used mine for the last 20+ years almost every day and is now getting very tatty, so I have just ordered a new one. If any of my American cousins would like my old one you can have it for free, plus $100 postage.
But joking aside now, if anyone does want one of these books, and can't get hold of one, I am sure that I might be able to arrange something for you, but it would take time.

John

Hi
Google "Horley drill services" thats the people i bought mine from im sure post to t he US would be a few pounds on top.

cheers kevin

Latest posts

Back