Yuiry's DRO skipping numbers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkastagehand

Reaction score
I built the Arduino based DRO from Yuiry's website. Seems great but had not used it much until recently and noticed changing numbers. Like with no table movement the x would jump; often by multiple tenths or even sometimes a whole inch. When left with the motor off it wasn't jumping when I first started it today; at least for the 5 minutes or so I left it. When I started playing to learn some features it seemed to start jumping when the motor was running. So I'm sort of assuming I have motor noise affecting it?

I guess I could try USB connection and see if that affects it. Any one have this trouble with motor noise and how did they solve it?

I have a Westinghouse Teco VFD running the 3 phase motor.

Paul

Hi,

Following others with this issue, i placed a 1uF capacitor across the power terminals within the read heads, sorted it out for me. It jump once when i power up first, but never again (doesnt jump if i dont power up DRO untill after motor.

I should also mention that i had already searched for ground loops, I insulated the feet of the scales brackets from the lathe itself

(running an ML7 Tri-Leva on a single phase motor)

Hope that helps,
Kevin

I have two aluminium DROs frequently jumping.
I add 100uF caps +ground wire for read out cable but it is still jumping
even when mill is turn off .
I have noticed when battery is near to be discharged jumping is less frequent but impossible to use it.

I have two aluminium DROs frequently jumping.
I add 100uF caps +ground wire for read out cable but it is still jumping
even when mill is turn off .
I have noticed when battery is near to be discharged jumping is less frequent but impossible to use it.

Try a new battery. Mine jumps around when the battery falls below a certain voltage

Back