You Reeker!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tel

Reaction score
.... my recently made dividing head is a success. Finally got to try it out with the 3 and 4 jaw chucks today - the flywheel for the Ridley Half Beam.

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

fly3.jpg

fly4.jpg

That's a nice-looking flywheel :)
I like the dividing head as well It's nice & simple, and you could easily convert it to use a worm and dividing plates. Plus, with the changeable gear, you could get all kinds of ratios!

Regards, Arnold

Thanks Arnold - it is a handy design - it can also be set up for compound gearing.

Nice one Tel, :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Looks great Tel!

I also built one similar....but smaller, works a treat.

You never regret the effort...and the end result is very rewarding...nice flywheel.

Dave

Very nice Tel. Thm: Definately something I would like to build in the future.

Flywheel and Dividing head looking great Tel, nice work :bow:
Rob

Nice work on both flywheel and dividing head

Tel;
Is this the Dividing Head shown in the Workshop Practice Series 35 "Milling A Complete Course" by Harold Hall? Are there any changes you (or others) made/wish you'd made - I notice the base seems rotated 90 degrees? Is it's size suitable for use on the usual Seig X2 mill? Anyone built the main components in aluminum?

Cheers
Garry

Yes Gary, it's that very device. Yep, I rotated the base because (a) it fits the tablr of the RF30 better that way and (b) there's not a lot of room at the front with the 6" 4 jaw chuck installed.

The only other thing I changed (retrospectively, I might add :( ) was the keyway in the rear end of the spindle - it needs to run the full length of the 16mm section or you will run into trouble setting up for compound gearing.

It will certainly fit on the X2 ok (I tried it on mine) but things might get a bit tight with the 4 jaw fitted, the 3 jaw (4") mini face plate (3") and collets are just fine.

Latest posts

Back