Win a CNC mill at Cabin Fever, January 14 2011

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonGinger

Reaction score
For the past few years we have been holding a CNC activity at Cabin Fever Expo. This year we have a seminar with a chance to win a CNC mill

The mill is the 3501 (aka KX1) sold by LittleMachineShop.com They are sponsoring this event, along with Brian Barker of the Mach3 software and Cabin Fever Expo.

We will hold a seminar on Friday, January 14 starting at 1:00. The seminar is called "From Packing Crate to Making Parts" We will open a new 3501 mill, install Mach3 on a PC, make all the configuration setting, test the mill for accuracy and backlash. Then we will setup and run a program to make a part. The seminar will be conducted by Ron Ginger and Brian Barker.

At the end of the seminar a drawing will be held and someone in the seminar will win the Mill and PC. The mill will be on display, making parts for the rest of the weekend show in the Mach3 booth.

The seminar will cost $50, which includes your admission to the entire weekend at Cabin Fever as well as the seminar. We are strictly limiting this to 70 people, so your chance to win over $4000 worth of equipment is good.

To sign up for the seminar see http://www.littlemachineshop.com/3975
For info on Cabin Fever see http://cabinfeverexpo.com/

ron ginger

Thanks for posting Ron
I am in, looking forward to another great seminar !
100 looks and not a lot of feedback folks are once again speechless. LOL
Tin

I just booked a hotel room in York, PA.

I will be driving by myself (6 to 7 hours) from Massachusetts to be at the show which will be my first Cabin Fever.

Unfortunately I won't arrive until noon on Saturday....but I will stop by the booth to check out the mill.

Chris

I dont know where you are in Massachusetts, but the New England Model Engineering Society run a charter bus with about 30-40 guy from Boston to Cabin Fever every year. Non-members are welcome. I a good trip with so many other model guys to talk to.

see the neme-s.org web site for details

I am trying to encourage more CNC demos and exhibits for Cabin Fever show, Jan 14-16.

We have the CNC seminar and raffle with a chance to win a KX1 mill and Tormach computer on Friday. At last report there were just 18 tickets left for that event. Not only a chance to see a good seminar, but a 1 in 70 change to win over $4,000 of CNC machine and computer. Ticket sales for that are through the Littlemachineshop.com web site.

On Saturday we will be running the KX1 and a couple other small machines. Brian Barker will be there with a Mach3 exhibit and Steve Stallings will have his PMDX products on display. Any other CNC vendors are welcome, contact Gary Schoenly of Cabinfeverexpo.com for details on exhibitor space.

Id like to have more guys as exhibitors. I know its pretty hard to bring in a CNC conversion, but how about bringing some photos, maybe a poster- think Science Fair kind of exhibit. Maybe bring some parts you have made with your CNC machine.

We will have 1 or 2 hour long seminar sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Id like to hear what guys would like to hear in the seminar. We will have Brian Barker who could do any Mach3 topic, Im sure he will do at least one seminar on Mach3 V4. Im open to other seminar suggestions- anyone want to give a talk on their project, or experience?

I told gary I would try to coordinate the CNC demos, so if you have any ideas or suggestion let me know.

Just a bit more than a month away!

Wish I didn't live so far away some day I would like to attend.
I'm such a home body I just hate traveling.

Bought my ticket, putting in for the vacation day ASAP.

By all reports the seminar went well. I know one guy was very happy when his name was drawn as winner of the Mill and computer.

I also had lots of guys tell me they wanted to come, but waited to late and it was sold out. Im sorry about that, but it was only fair to hold to the limit w st to keep the winning odds to 1 in 70 ( better than a lottery!)

There is nothing final yet, but Chris Wood of Little Machine Shop and Gary both agreed we should do something similar next year. Im thinking of a seminar that will build a model by CNC. We would go through the Cad, CAM and then actually build the model. I looking for a suitable project.

Thanks to all that attended, sorry there could only be one winner.

Im thinking of a seminar that will build a model by CNC. We would go through the Cad, CAM and then actually build the model.
I like that idea.
Tin

Maybe next year make it that you must attend the seminar to win the prize. I was one that wanted to attend. I had work issues that made it hard to commit early. Im sure many people only paid the 50.00 as a chance to win the mill but had no plans to attend. Only my thought.

P.S. You had a great booth Ron and thank for the info.

Dave

I looking for a suitable project.
Ron have been thinking about this a bit. what about the rocker engine. small just a few parts 6-8 but complex enough to make interesting by cnc. If enough guys were willing to get involved this could turn into an on site team build for the cnc demo area. I would love to get involved in this but I like displaying my models not sure if doing both is practical. HMMM

Maybe next year make it that you must attend the seminar to win the prize.
It is one thing if a guy can not make it for unforeseeable uncontrollable reasons. like sudden health problems death in the family work emergency bad weather etc but The idea of buying a seat and having no intention of attempting to attend does not sit well with me either. there were probably 20 more guys wanting to sit in those seats.
Tin

Latest posts

Back