Who Has Snow?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We dodged the last one, got maybe a half inch.

It started again this afternoon and now we have maybe a 2 inch dusting. Not bad at all.

But, this system is pulling moisture up out of the Gulf of Mexico and spinning it around till it ends up dumping it here. Sort of a giant lake effect ;D
I don't much care for snow, or cold weather, at all. But I'm working from home tomorrow, so I don't really care what it does ;D

Rick,

Maybe in the Snowy Mountains in Winter but at the moment our warnings are mostly about fire and thunderstorms.

Thanks for the invite, :bow: we will drag out our Winter Woollies and check the bank balance. ;D

Hot off the press for our area

FireShotcapture009-AldingaBeachweat.jpg

FireShotcapture010-AldingaBeachweat.jpg

FireShotcapture011-AldingaBeachweat.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

About 6 years ago a new NOA doppler radar station was put into service less than 20 miles from here and the weather forecasting since that time has been spot on ........ the next 24hrs, 8-14" of new snow accumulation coupled with blizzard conditions. Oh goody, I can hardly wait. We missed the last storm that pounded the crap out of the East coast but it sounds as if we are not going to be as lucky this time around. Gees, I do hate winter in the Midwest.

BC1
Jim

I'm not impressed Bob!

The thermometer on the side of my garage almost hit 30° yesterday!
But that was Fahrenheit...
:wall:

You come here for Groundhog Day, and I'll come there in the heart of your winter.
Is it true that fat, old, bald guys wearing speedo swim trunks that can not be seen
are arrested on site in Oz? Or, is that just an American myth intended to keep me
off the beach there? ???

Damn but I love this forum.
If I asked the the guy across the street that question, he'd be telling his girls
to get into the house while he was loading his shotgun!
:hDe:

Rick

I'm always amazed at the amount of snow you guys in the coast get.

Here in the Canadian Prairies, we've got about 12 inches TOTAL so far. Nice dry, light, fluffy snow. I might fire up the tractor tomorrow to clear out the 4 inches we got on the week-end. The trucks are fine, but the cars are dragging a bit. Supposed to be another inch or two this week-end, but that will change by then for sure.

Take care guys - don't pull anything or blow any valves...

Andrew

rake60 said:
I'm not impressed Bob!

Is it true that fat, old, bald guys wearing speedo swim trunks that can not be seen
are arrested on site in Oz? Or, is that just an American myth intended to keep me
off the beach there? ???

Rick

Must be an American myth. Don't bother with the speedos with you body style you'll fit right in the following

Maslin.jpg

It's 5 mins drive from us, but you could run down there to loosen up a bit and shed the duds on arrival ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Almost ashamed to say that we got 5 inches here in Western Wisconsin. But the last big one we got was 17 inches. Thank God I still have a son who knows how to use a snow shovel.

got a few inches over night. another 4-6today and another foot tonight.
Tin

I'm going home from work now,to my love ones and my thrusty old Honda snowblower :big:
Yes it's snowing ??? :eek: ;D
CS

All told, the total accumulation for the past 24 hr period was 10.5". And on top of all the snow, we had a minor earthquake hit roughly 30miles West of here this A.M. It was big enough to wake me up and you could hear things on the night stand rattling around for several seconds. No damage reported but such a rarity here in the Midwest is unsettling just the same.

BC1
Jim

And ther's me feeling sorry for myself,went for a walk this morning and a few flakes came down,it is 3deg here at the moment but I did manage to go out the garage and connect up the coolant on the lathe,we call it "suds".Can't wait for the warmer weather.Want to get on with my Traction engine. :'(
Don

Strangely, this area (known as the snow belt) has had relatively little snow this year. My yard, as of last night, still had patches of grass showing. We usually have at least a solid foot on the ground, even after the customary January thaw.

Many people have heart attacks from over exertion while shoveling. Take it easy.

Another 16+ inches for Lancaster, PA. My snowblower is my best friend today. And after it sucked up the morning newspaper buried in the snow :eek: and came to an abrupt halt, I had a wave of sadness pass over me. I thought, I do not want to go to this funeral. But with a little coaxing I got the paper out of the second stage, and alls well. ;D

Cheers,
Phil

My antique snowthrower broke this morning.
One of the end bolts that holds the auger shaft in place worked loose and fell out.
It sounded like a train wreck when that auger got squirrelly and wedged into the
chute assembly. ::) It did go back together and it works, but I have a feeling I may
end up making a new shaft for it. After this storm passes I'll take it completely apart
and check the threads for damage. It's not nearly as fun making parts that you
HAVE to make.

Don't feel bad Phil, I almost ran mine into a 2 foot square plastic garbage can lid that
the pickers had tossed onto the sidewalk. It was under about 10 inches of snow.
They are saying an additional 6 inches is to be expected here. For me, that would be
enough. :D

Rick

Global Warming! :big: :big:

The local meteorologist is predicting snow in South Alabama on Friday. th_wtf1 scratch.gif :shrug:

I feel for you guys in the North, what miserable weather.

Perhaps we can bus all of you to New Orleans, there having a big party in the French Quarter.

Good luck.

SAM

More snow today to add to the 20 inches on saturday. Its been snowing since 8:00pm last night and will keep on till about 10:00 PM tonight. another 12-18 inches. Time to get in the shop and make chips :)

Well we dodged the 10-20 inches last night and got about 9 instead. That leaves about up to 3 feet on the ground.
Here are some pics and yes that is a standard height mailbox. I had to shovel out a spot for the swarf collector to pee pee.
Now the wind is blowing a steady 25mph with gusts to 45mph. I have had to shovel the driveway again just because of the drifting.
-B-

DSC02372.JPG

DSC02373.JPG

DSC02374.JPG

DSC02375.JPG

You guys are so lucky to get that much snow! After the last two years of snow every day, this year I got a new snow blower. Only used it once in early December. I could of spent that money on tooling or material. :'(

IronHorse

Latest posts

Back