Who Has Snow?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
The Blizzard of 2010 appears to be over here.
I have snow over 6 feet high in spots!

Like the neighbors kitchen window and the tree out front.

SnowWindow.jpg

SnowTree.jpg

It seems my old snow blower doesn't know it's own strength when
there is only 9 inches of snow to be blown.
Sorry about the window neighbors, and to that guy in the blue pick up
truck who was driving past.
:hDe:

Rick

Rick,
My sister is in York, PA and says she got 30 inches.
Her young weimaraner pup doesn't know what to do, it's well over his head.

Count 16"+ for Lancaster, PA

Cheers,
Phil

snow 2_6_10b.JPG

70 degrees and sunny here in the Rio Grande valley. I grew up in Western New York so I have a pretty good idea of what show is like and y'all can keep it. Instead of snow we have had buckets of rain here the last week.

Snow - What's that. ::) ::) ::)

Another week over 30C ;D

Some rain would be really nice - our water tanks are empty.

Best Regards
Bob

I got just over 12" here in suburban Clevleland, Ohio.

I'm in a valley that accumulates a little more than the surrounding areas.

Good news is, I got to play with my new snow- blower! Twice! Yipee!

I love a cold snowy winter. What a beautiful change from the fall weather.

I couldn't stand living in an area with the same boring weather all year around.

Each changing season brings along a renewed spirit and anticipation of related activities. And winter time, is shop time! :big:

-MB

23"+ here in VA.

Shot of my shop from back door.

Guess I can't go to Florida until the spring thaw. Tow vehicle covered with snow.

Andy

We are in the 23" band here Down Jersey. Not shure how much we actual got but about s foot deep shoveing this AM have not bee ot to re shovel yet. Snow emergency declared so cant drive anywhere if I could get out.
Tin

Average in my front yard is 30" (Laurel, MD)

There's a Silverado somewhere under there...

snow1.jpg

snow3.jpg

Walkway before:

snow2.jpg

After me about killing myself with a shovel:

snow4.jpg

J-Random photo:

snow5.jpg

Keep safe and warm folks. Don't forget to check on your friends and loved ones who may be snowed in or without power.

22" or thereabouts here.

As for checking on neighbors... ;D Many years ago I checked on our elderly neighbor...she didn't recognize me and just about called the cops on me. Can't say I blamed her. I was wearing a stocking cap...scarf up to my nose...enough clothes to double my size (I'm 6-2...er...was anyway). I looked like a hoodlum. :big:

Hi Guys.

I live here in Maryland on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, Here is a summer shot from the air of my farm

Farmshotfromair1.jpg

Here some shots now of the snow covered land.

fullblizzardshot.jpg

Usually this 4X4 ford will nibble away at around 24” of snow it does not like it but it will do it, well with bumper high snow it just gave up now I got it stuck.

truckstuck.jpg

Mt tractor is a Fifty Horse 3 cylinder diesel Case, But I have turf tires on for the pastures and they just will not grip in snow. Its very frustrating having all that power and cannot use it.

Tractortruckburial.jpg

The horses have to eat. I feel sorry for them. They sure are munching down the bales just to burn the calories.

eatinghorses.jpg

firstrailmissing.jpg

Well here is the machine shop. no work to be done in the shop for now. Too many fires to put out around the farm. We are stuck and cannot get out, the neighbor should be over tomorrow with his large tractor to pull me out, but at the moment he is helping the state with local snow removal.

Machineshopburied.jpg

All the best Anthony.

OK, so who is ready for round TWO?

If the forecasts are correct, it will begin mid-afternoon tomorrow.
They are predicting 8 to 14 inches for my area, and 10 to 20 inches
for the DC - Virginia areas.

Stay safe out there!

Rick

Where do I start.... Dec. 19 we got 27 inches. The following saturday we got 8. This weekend we got another 22 and they are calling for 10-20 tomorow and wednesday. I love snow but I hate to shovel.
Waynesboro Virginia in the Shanendoah Valley.
I will show some pics tomorow when I go out and shovel..... again.
-B-

I have 22 inches as of Sunday and we are going to get 12-18 more on tuesday night.

Dave Reeves
West Chester,PA

Sorry all for your troubles....I've dodged all of these bullets so far....(Massachusetts)....but let the weather pattern change any and I'll be in the thick of it....

Maryak......you are looking at this you lucky dog you! 8).....feel free to send some global warming our way won't you? ;D

Dave

It will soon be summer in th US and winter in Aussie ;D ;D

Tin Falcon said:
It will soon be summer in th US and winter in Aussie ;D ;D

Yes it will but if it snows where we are....................... It will warm the Global Warming Skeptics hearts. :p :p

Best Regards
Bob

Hummmm,

So you never see alerts such as this one in Australia?

WinterWarning.jpg

That's just not right Bob!
I am issuing a formal invitation for you and your family to come to Punxsutawney
for Groundhog Day next year. We'll show you what winter is supposed to be, and
we can both throw rocks at that fat little rodent for saying we'll have
six more weeks of it!
Rof}

Rick

Latest posts

Back