Where Am I

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
Hi All,
I know this has been mentioned before and even by the moderators. Please, please put in your post or below your avatar....where the heck are you in the world (no specifics but a general idea). I give info to people in ???? to buy something. But your half way around the world. This just becomes a waste of my time and yours. I love to help, I am a professional engineer and I do a lot of research to find things at the job. I come across "stuff" that we can use but it is impractical to give to people that are in a situation that shipping will cost more than (10 times a lot more than) the thing is worth.
Now for the funny side of this

You gent's from OZ
How the heck can you be from the:

North South West??

Either your from the North or the South
You can not be from both the North and the South

What is up with That::

Tony

Sorry to vent, but I like to help

NSW :shrug:

That's like the Midwest. Sure it's mid way west from the east coast, but once you get here you're just mid, and cold.

BTW, it took me a while to figure out where to enter my location in the forum profile. There already is a space to type in your location, but that isn't what shows up under the avatar. You have to type it in the "personal text" box.

Tony,
Sorry to burst the bubble. It was an excellent rant ;D

NSW = New South Wales, Australia.

And I completely agree. Please people, at least mention the country you live in so that other can help.

ksouers i didnt know there was anyone on here so close im just up in chillicothe, im sure you have visited the transportation museum in kirkwood havent you?

dieselpilot, Your not in the mid west your in the North mid west. :big: I've been many times on biz thorough Chicago. I know what the airport looks like, no idea what the city looks like.

ksouers. sorry for my ignorance, that I can understand but there are people that say and even in their avatars that they are from north south west Australia. I guess I have to go back to geography class and an understanding of the rest of the world. One day we (you and the Maryak and I can have some shrimps on the Barby and toss backa few Fosters (that's about all I know of OZ) Again sorry for my ignorance Oh, Crocodile Dundee Rof} And it's getting warm there now, while I'm freezing my my butt off now.

Thanks
Tony

Tony,
No problem. Australia is a confusing country, and people. I think it comes from hanging upside down all day long ;D

Australia is divided up into territories, just like the US. And like us they have funny names like South Australia and Western Australia and Northern Territory. So you see, it's possible to be from North South Australia or East Western Australia.

I think that's why they like their beer so strong ;D

H-n-N, in your profile there is a place for a signature line. Some people just put their location in that. Others put it under their avatar as dieselpilot pointed out. And I've been through Chillicothe a couple times, many years ago in another life.

ksouers
"No problem. Australia is a confusing country, and people. I think it comes from hanging upside down all day long" :bow: :bow: Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}
Oh, God help me I think I wet myself

Tony

I even heard that the water in their toilets spins backwards? :eek:

Powder keg.
We have to get a poll on that! I heard the same thing.
Tony

Powder keg said:

And they drive on the wrong side of the road...

You Guys
You know we are in trouble once Maryak comes on line. I'm sure he will have something to say here!! He's dreaming stuff up as we speak!

Tony

Oh ho ho... a pissing contest!

Lets see.... where can I start..... oh I know........ I would like to know how the heck you guys can have a World Series... but damn... with only one country playing in it.... Hmmmm...World Series?? Ho ho ho .....

Seriously, what do you want to know? NSW stands for New South Wales...Not North South West..... NSW is a state sandwiched between Queensland (up high) and Victoria (down low) and the three make up the entire east cost of our island... Now Tel is approx mid highlands NSW and Im far south western NSW. Damn Im nearly desert...

We are a group of states; Queensland, New South Wales (NSW), South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, and Territories, Northern Territory and Australian Capital territory (ACT)
. Some say New Zealand is our Eastern States but teh Kiwis get a bit pissed about that.....

Our toilets do indeed rotate in a different direction than yours and yes I DO drive on the left hand side of the road and my steering wheel is on the right hands side of the car.

My beer is MUCH stonger than yours and if we caught ANYONE drinking Fosters here we would have them committed. That stuff is sooooo bad we ONLY export it to the US and canada..... seems like you guys are the ONLY ones who will drink it...... :-*

Laughingly

Artie

dieselpilot said:
BTW, it took me a while to figure out where to enter my location in the forum profile. There already is a space to type in your location, but that isn't what shows up under the avatar. You have to type it in the "personal text" box.

Thanks,

I did ask where to put it so it would display below my avatar before but no-one answered.
Thats another easy problem solved.
Now can you mange to cool down my workshop so I can do something in there?
Its a tad warm in it today.

hot-1.jpg

Keg, you read this thread, and you don't have a location posted yet! C'mon, Idaho! (or is it Warshington..)

Artie, long ago, on late night TV here in the states, they used to show some Aussie program. Some unknown bloke named Paul Hogan. That feller had a can of Fosters strung around his neck all the time! Probably the first time us World Series folk ever heard of it.

You might have stronger beer. Don't know. Don't drink it. We have stronger space ships. That should even the score somewhat, mate.

Joshin' aside, Tony's got a great point. Hope everyone takes note.

Dean

Now people!

We can not pick on nationalities.
Take for example those Canucks.
(My wife is Canadian. ;))

They just might retaliate with something like this.
(I post this on Canada Day every year, but I still love it!)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAVnEC8c8e4[/ame]

Rick

Nerdy bit coming up, depending what side of the equator you are on, depends on what way the water down the plug hole spins, its due to the rotation of the earth.

Powder keg said:

It sure does, but the blind mullet know which way is down, (up). ::) ;D

For us cast offs from the UK, driving is where the left side of the road is the right side. Naturally it follows that our road vehicles are right hand and countries on the wrong side are wrong hand. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

aahhh... that is funny.... but then Im not American.... ::) ::) I never guessed that there would be some 'competative' feeling across the border..... did they really burn down your parliament? Thats naughty.....

Cheers guys...

Artie

Latest posts

Back