What's Karma (aside from the Hindu/Buddhist meaning)?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kludge

Somewhere I'm sure that it's explained in infinite detail but I have no clue where.

Also ... ummm ... how'd I become an advanced member when I'm still a serious gnu-bee?

And ... and ... and ... how in heck did I accumulate all these pin vises?

BEst regards,

Kludge the Confused

Kludge,

If you come across a post that you really enjoyed, Karma is just a way of telling the posting member that you enjoyed the post, and it was very entertaining or helpful.

Adding a Karma should not be taken lightly, and only used when something is special. Otherwise you will get Karma wars, and things will get silly, and the option just might be cancelled by admin.

Advanced member status is reached by taking an active interest in the site posts, and is related to the number of posts you make or reply to. Nothing to do with being a newbie.

Can you send me my pin vices back, mine keep disappearing.

John the Even More Confused than Kludge.

Bogstandard said:
If you come across a post that you really enjoyed, Karma is just a way of telling the posting member that you enjoyed the post, and it was very entertaining or helpful.

Hmmm ... okay. I guess I gotta notch the humor up some 'cuz I'm not so very sure I've got anything else going. On the other hand, I do like a good chuckle so that might work out. :)

Otherwise you will get Karma wars, and things will get silly, and the option just might be cancelled by admin.

*chuckling* ... I did somewhat a double take on that. To an old skypilot like me, that conjured up some interesting imagery - kind of like holy wars but backwards in a Monty Pythonesque sort of way.

Advanced member status is reached by taking an active interest in the site posts, and is related to the number of posts you make or reply to. Nothing to do with being a newbie.

Ah, good. So I don't actually have to know anything, just follow along and ask questions. This I can do. I was in academic administration for a while; I have the whole acting dumb bit down to an art. :D

Can you send me my pin vices back, mine keep disappearing.

If you can identify them when I put up pics of my little tools, I'll be more than happy to return them to you.

Seriously (EEK!), I mentioned Tom at Dashto a couple times already. Among other things, he sells $10 8x10" ziploc bags of "stuff" which proved to be interesting treasure troves on more than one occasion. When he's sorting out an estate or closed watch repair shop buyout, there's stuff he doesn't want to bother to inventory which goes in those bags. Every one's different and some are losers but others ... well, they're how I got a bunch of pin vises and oilers and other things. A lot of my lathe stock (small brass or nickel silver wire) came from those bags as well as some hard and soft gold jeweler's solder. (There may be some silver solder in there as well; I don't remember.)

I also get a lot of my watch making/repair tools from Tom - sometimes in packs of a half dozen or so in the case of gravers. His prices are right and he's easy to deal with. Nice combo.

Best regards,

Kludge

Back