*&(^@*&^*&@ Weather!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamer

Reaction score
ok NOT FUNNY!

WE as in Central Massachusetts are set to get 8-12" of snow tonight....and is going down into the 20's F for temperature.......

I will be flogging the boat prep for winter today as i ALREADY have a lamp in the firebox.......NOT FUNNY!

Dave

Is that to stop the boiler from freezing Dave,or has it been drained? BRRR!!!
Stew.

Best of luck with the boat prep Dave.

I can relate somewhat. My plow rig isn't ready to go. The gas tank started leaking at the end of last season. I made the first patch but want to get a second coat on it and the weather has not be cooperating.

We're suppose get the same thing weather wise. The only thing is we've only had one night where the temp got to 32 or below. The ground has to be very warm. The grill and the deck might see multiple inches, but I doubt the driveway and roads will unless it snows at an insane rate and the temp drops like a meteor. If that happens I'll be thrashing to get the tank back in the CJ-5A.

After 90 days of over 100 degree weather so far this year hear in Austin, I guess I can now appreciate the mild winters here. I don't envy you Northern folks the cold and the snow...

Chuck

Chuck I would love warm weather im not ready for winter yet. Its snowing now and will get a few inches before its done. The first time since 1979 we have gotten snow in October.

Oh well I guess it gives me a reason (like I need one) to work on my machines :big:

Dave

compspecial said:
Is that to stop the boiler from freezing Dave,or has it been drained? BRRR!!!
Stew.

YES! It's done.....fastest I've ever done it....3 hours....

Two tarps over the whole boat
The engine is nice and toasty in the shop
The boiler is stripped and filled with antifreeze
All the valving is drained and in the shop
The plumbing ect is drained and in the boat.

The generator is fueled up and ready to go in the driveway.

12+ inches and 55+mph winds of heavy wet snow are on the forecast About 10% of the leaves are off the trees, so I suspect we will be without power for a while.

Supposed to go to 20 F tonight.

NOT GOOD.....

Any beach front available Marv?......after 47 years....I've had enough of this crap

Dave

Glad that you got that done in time. I had visions of you having a steam powered ice breaker. :big: :big: :big:.

With the generator and all it sounds like you are ready for whatever they throw at you. Good luck and keep a shovel handy. :big: :big:

Cheers :)

Don

After the 2008 ice storm where we were without power for 4 days. I got to Home Depot at 6 am after I moved 3 trees out of the roads so I could get through.
What I found was they had 3 generators left...I dragged one to the counter before the fisticuffs started over the last two.....The National Guard was in town for a week.

(*&@#(&*( b Weather!

Dave

Mosly RAIN here but up to a foot of snow in north jersey.
Tin

What's up with this...? I'm waiting for the Locust......

Usually you can get to the middle of November before it starts to get nasty.

Dave

steamer said:
Any beach front available Marv?......after 47 years....I've had enough of this crap

With the economy in tatters, I'm sure there's a place somewhere. How many million were you planning to spend?

47 years, huh? Gee, it only took me four years of that abominable weather to convince me to forsake Taxachussets forever. When I graduated, I picked job offers by maximizing great circle distance from Boston.

Hey Marv! Good to hear from ya....I've been waiting for your arrival....

Don't worry, I've sure this evil coast will blow into the sea after the snow and the locust arrive......

Dave

I'll say it again................emigrate to Oz ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
I'll say it again................emigrate to Oz ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Only if the beer tastes better!..... ;D

You can get American beer here. Seems to be getting more popular, but most diehard aussie beer drinkers will think a bit watery on taste. I walked from camp to work this morning at 0430 and it was 19c. Lovely seen a kangaroo, snake and a bungarra was laying on the concrete outside the office door. As Bob said.
Brock

I tend to like the dark beers you strain through your mustache.....Think I'll fit right in :big:

Dave

See if you can find a can of emu export, if you can stomach that it only gets better from there.
Come to the south west of WA, Murray river perfect for steaming.
Brock

Will Do Brock!

Hey Notch....better get the CJ fired up....this large limb is on the wires and just touched the roof of my truck ...we only have 4" on the ground so far and the limb is bent down a good 6-7 feet....

I'm in for a long night I think

2011-10-29_18-51-32_513.jpg

Dave

Does sound like your going to be busy. Good luck and I hope everything goes as good as it can.
Brock

Oh and Brock

If you can get yourself some Wauchusett Country Ale...I think you'll like it.

None of that watered down "B" stuff.....

Brewed just up the hill from me.

Dave

Latest posts

Back