• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Safety valve SORTED

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaleb

Reaction score
I am looking fo a safety/relief valve. Anything that fits the following criteria will do:

1/4" BSP thread on the bottom

Blowoff pressure of around 25 psi

I don't think I have a 1/4 BSP die Kaleb, but I might have a brass fitting I can butcher - the rest will be a piece of cake!

Available cheap from any number of Mamod/Wilesco parts places. Search google for best prices, usually less than $5.

I just bought one for $4.95. Shipping was nearly as much as the part, so I bought some other stuff.

rleete said:
Available cheap from any number of Mamod/Wilesco parts places. Search google for best prices, usually less than $5.

I just bought one for $4.95. Shipping was nearly as much as the part, so I bought some other stuff.

I used one of those for my first engine, and I have a few Mamod engines and a couple of Wilescos. I don't think one of those is going to cut it. It's for a 100mm (4") by 140mm (5 1/2") boiler I just bought. I was thinking something along the lines of the type on a compressor, but with a lower blowoff pressure. They seem to be a bit tricky to find, but it seems they are made.

Are you sure it's 1/4BSP? That has an od of 17/32" and 19 tpi, which sounds mighty chunky for a Mamod or similar.

Yeah, the toy engine ones are going to be too small. I didn't comprehend the OP.

So, get one for a compressor, and get a lighter spring. Lee Spring has just about anything you can imagine.

The original (?) safety valve turned up today, I don't need a new one afterall!

Back