• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wall Engine Patterns

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on eBay. It will be interesting to see what it will go for.

Tim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elmer-Wall-...817968203?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item43b61a084b

I am the seller of the Wall Engine and Patterns. If you guys have any questions or need more info please let me know.

Rather than work on learning casting and pattern making I have been working on building engines. In my "spare" time I have been working on a 25hp Fairbanks Morse kit from Tom Stuart.

Brad

Cogsy: I see you made a working flame eater by Jan Ridders. How did you do it? I can't seem to get a good set of properly fitting pistons! I don't seem to be able to make a very cylindrical cylinder. Lots of traming of the lathe but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Swift752

Cogsy: I see you made a working flame eater by Jan Ridders. How did you do it? I can't seem to get a good set of properly fitting pistons! I don't seem to be able to make a very cylindrical cylinder. Lots of traming of the lathe but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Swift752

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post.

First up, are you using the latest plans (2011 I think) with 22mm graphite pistons? That's what I used and it's supposed to be easier and more reliable than the older version.

I must admit that mine has a slight 'variation' over the length of the bore. It's small, but I did end up making each piston to a slightly different fit. I also turned the graphite a bit over sized (around 0.02mm) and forced them through the bore, then rubbed with newspaper to clean them off, then repeated until I achieved the right fit.

I made 3 or 4 sets of pistons in the end, and the best performing set is so tight in the bore when cold that the engine is virtually seized up. It takes a minute or so of the flame being lit before it turns freely and begins to run. I think this is because I used Ali for the cylinder instead of stainless though.

Good luck with yours and if I can help any more just give me a shout!

I am the seller of the Wall Engine and Patterns. If you guys have any questions or need more info please let me know.

Rather than work on learning casting and pattern making I have been working on building engines. In my "spare" time I have been working on a 25hp Fairbanks Morse kit from Tom Stuart.

Brad
I picked up a Wall 15cc engine castings kit and drawings a week or so ago. I cannot find any build info whatsoever about it. Wondering if you might have additional info.

Latest posts

Back