Video of 3BI

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman

Reaction score
Hopefully a link to my latest.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6e7OJS7D2E[/ame]

Way to go Ironman. :bow: :bow: It slows down real nice.

Thanks for sharing you're video...
Jeff

Good runner.

Nice work...

Ironman,

Very impressive, the ability to run slowly and smoothly are IMHO the hallmarks of a well built engine. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

It looks like it runs really well!
I'm with Bob, in the thought on low rpm going along with good machining practices. Building engines that run slow and on low pressure requires good work on the running and sliding fits.

For people who haven't seen one of these, they are quite small. The flywheel on mine is only about 2.3" diameter. Yours came out nice, Ironman.

Dean

Thanks guys for your kind comments. It was a fun build and more relaxing than my barstock builds. Back to Hasbrouck Nr7 build. Have a great day. ironman

Nice build and video Ironman. Back when I built mine the kit was offered in either aluminum or all bronze. Ahybody inow why they switched to bronze and cast iron? Cost perhaps?

Bill

wlindiii, they still have their kits in aluminum or bronze & cast iron. I just preferred bronze/cast iron because it looks better to me and I figured that combination would hgold up better than aluminum. Just MHO. ironman

ironman,
I agree completely. I opted for the bronze version over the aluminum too. My question pertained more to the switch from all bronze to a combination or bronze and cast iron...either way though its a nice little engine and you did a fine job with it.

Bill

Latest posts

Back