VFD ...yea or nay

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there you are ! After previously breaking the sad news to my wife on my money needs for the new shop, there is a new glimmer of hope for some more extras, if I follow Dman's and others advice , go with a static for the comprsr. & VFD for the mill . She was nearly happy when I told her of the mechanical & monetary help/advice found here on this forum. Stating I could get the new Savage mdl. 12 .204 rifle after all, did bring a small cloud back into view, but hopefully that will dissipate .
Case settled....machine priorities complete....now off to the rigorous chore of ' finding the right deal ' begins !!
All are welcome to my new shop....opening August 2013...if you're in the area !!

Many Thanks !!!!

Philip
btw: I'm planning on a Nightforce 10 x 42 x 56 scope (I have bad eyes..hehehehe !! )

end of thread.................

Here's a photo of my VFD setup in the middle of wiring:

large.jpg

The VFD is show mounted to the NEMA box on the wall with the input power routed to switch box and the 3PH output routed to a small enclosure where the motor leads are attached. The wall mounted switch allows me to power off the VFD without opening the enclosure.

Here's the final setup with the remote control panel mounted on the arm with the DRO. I machined a little bracket for it out of aluminum.

large.jpg

Back