V-4 compressed air engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcmillin

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hello Ime new here and just want to show off something I made a few years ago, before I discovered this new thing called the internet. you guys should try it its great. anyway this is a v-4 compressed air engine with 8 piston-type valves run off a camshaft. it can run in both directions and has plenty of power. I designed this on graph paper and just started "millin". If you notice there is only two gears and i thought that the cam running backwords would not hurt anything, but i discovered the intake holes from one head to the other were no longer properly lined up. so i had to get a little creative with the intake but i got her to run like a champ. I had it clocked at over 4500 rpm. and ime sure i can get it to run faster with a little tweeking.

th_IMG00156.jpg

th_IMG00155.jpg

th_IMG00154.jpg

th_IMG00148.jpg

th_IMG00146.jpg

what did i do wrong with the pictures?

Steve got it right.

I put the [ img ] tags in for you.

Photobucket can create the full link for you. Just hover over the picture and pick the third option, ctrl-c to copy then paste that into your post.

I think this should work. here are the big pictures.

IMG00146.jpg

IMG00148.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00155.jpg

IMG00156.jpg

Nice engine, and nice design,

I like the last photograph, also, because it allows us to see all the components that had to be designed and made, which get hidden in the final assembly.

To see the work that goes into it helps to appreciate the overall project even more.

Thanks for posting those pics..

Ahhh, compressed air, my kind of engine. Very nice!

Chuck

Latest posts

Back