Uploading photos with text in between

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read about half of the thread about Photobucket and will read the rest.

I have heard that you would like to embed photos with text in between.

To do that here. Open your message window, and look for the paperclip in the icons at the top. Click on the paperclip. A window will open with 10 upload buttons. Just click on the first one and find the photo you want, then the next and next, up to 10. Once all the ones you want in that post are chosen, go to the UPLOAD button. After they upload the buttons will be gone, and you will close that window.

I have done the above with 3 images. The first one is attached in text by typing to the spot you want the image, and go to the spot you want it
then click on the paperclip in the icons above.

HMEM October 2016  upside down.jpg

You will see the attach and a number and slash attach when it is in place.

Then you keep on typing and find your spot again and go to the paperclip

HMEM - january 2017  Mini Oilcan.jpg

Now the second one is in the thread.

And for the third image.

HMEM June POM   60 percent.jpg

That is how to do it. If you upload and do not attach one by one in the text of the thread, all images will show after the text area.

Now use this thread and give it a try.

Thanks Angie, that is a big help to me. I noticed that your first picture is upside down, I have had this happen to me, sideways as well. Do you know how to correct this? Thanks for your assistance. Cheers, Peter.

Hello Angie,
That was a timely bit of information. Thank you. I had a hard time figuring out how to do it and I am in the know now thanks to you.

Peter J.

Thought I would give it a try Centaur 2.jpg

Water Pump for Centaur Water Pump Stainless Steel Gears.JPG

Mike.
Sorry forgot to resize !!

Last edited:
Thanks Angie, that is a big help to me. I noticed that your first picture is upside down, I have had this happen to me, sideways as well. Do you know how to correct this? Thanks for your assistance. Cheers, Peter.
Me too. I even tried inverting the original and uploading again but it still ended upside down on the post. :confused:

After being educated by Angie, I went back to try it out on my previous posts and it worked like a charm. Agree with Blogwitch that the how to should be permanently posted in the forum.

Peter J.

Thanks angie,i do need the step x step as i am computer illigitimate
I could not find the message window on the first step.For me it would be the ideal to post images and text direct to this forum.I do not want to post to a
third party host first.As to replacing all my lost photos in various threads
i can do that if requested by others Many thanks Barry

I noticed that your first picture is upside down, I have had this happen to me, sideways as well. Do you know how to correct this?

Me too. I even tried inverting the original and uploading again but it still ended upside down on the post. :confused:

The most likely cause is that you're using an Apple device, which are very specific as to which way you hold them. If you are using an iPad or iPhone, make sure the 'home' button is either down the bottom when you take a vertical picture, or on the right side for a horizontal one. Otherwise, your photo will be upside down and very bothersome to get to flip and stay flipped.

I was using a Lumia 640 Microsoft device. I checked and see that on this one the home button does not rotate with the camera. However I also have a 650 and on this the home button does rotate with the camera.

Hi Angie,just tried out and placed a photo.Has this option been available
all along ? I imagine its what most of us are looking for.I did not want to
upload first to an external host then to HMEM i just wanted what you have shown.I am very pleased will just have to get used to it.Small world isnt it
For any of us who just want to show photos and text on this site then its perfect,those who want to store all their photos to an external host will have to pay i suppose,but it wont be me. Many thanks,regards Barry

OK...I'll give it a shot.

Text test with photo #1.Longboys' Stirling Marble engine 001.jpg

Now for photo #2Longboys' Stirling Marble engine 005.jpg

marble engine 003.jpg how about text after photo typed right after and next to the attachment with photo #3.

marble engine 003.jpg
and photo #3 with text typed just under the attachment.

THAT SEEMED TO WORK GREAT ANGIE....YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF. LOOKS LIKE TEXT ABOVE ATTACHMENT GIVES FULL SCREEN PHOTOS AND TEXT NEXT TO AND BELOW ATTACHMENT RESIZES PHOTO TO HALF SIZE. DAVE.:thumbup:

Hi Angie,just tried out and placed a photo.Has this option been available
all along ? I imagine its what most of us are looking for.I did not want to
upload first to an external host then to HMEM i just wanted what you have shown.I am very pleased will just have to get used to it.Small world isnt it
For any of us who just want to show photos and text on this site then its perfect,those who want to store all their photos to an external host will have to pay i suppose,but it wont be me. Many thanks,regards Barry

It's been available as long as I've been around and I'm pretty sure even before that. I never mentioned it before as I just thought you all knew about it.

Glad that I could be of some practical help to you.

I guess I'll have a go as well. First one:

IMG_1155.jpg

And after some waffle a second one:

IMG_1163.jpg

Even more waffling, and then:

IMG_1217.jpg

Well that was nice and easy, though proper whitespace use will need a little practice. Amazing that no one had any idea this function was available to us for so long.

oops - I too thought that method was well understood. Been doing it for all my posts until the last few when I started using a google drive method.

Latest posts

Back