Unimat ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelallito

Reaction score
Hello,
Seeing the other Unimat thread reminded me that I have a Unimat that needs a motor. It is one of the original machines and after reading the thread,I would like to fix it. I have some tooling for it. I have not looked at it for a long time. :(
Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Fred

I know zilch about Unimat's but I noticed this one Unimat on ebay a few days back, it sold for £255 (($510) ............. is that about the going rate.

CC

CC:
IMHO that does not sound too terrible if it is excellent condition and very well tooled. I have seen them for sale in the $330 -500 range at the cabin fever show. CF tends to draw a large crowd and the asking prices are usually high end. the one I saw for 5 I think may have actually been an emco a larger brother to the unimat fully tooled lathe mill combo with a nice cabinet this was a couple years ago and prices for everything seems to be climbing.
Tin

CrewCab said:
I know zilch about Unimat's but I noticed this one Unimat on ebay a few days back, it sold for £255 (($510) ............. is that about the going rate.

CC

That was a very reasonable price for what it had with it, now you'll most likely find it in pieces and back on E-bay, it's worth about double that price, farmed out as bits and pieces.

Here's another that is about the normal price that they go for, thats the SL and DB model lathes, the Unimat 3 goes for a lot more than this. I have seen the U3 go for up to a grand or more at certain E-Bay auctions, depends on the bidders, a couple of nutters and the seller is clapping his hands with glee.

E-Bay # 110274037273

regards greenie

Greenie,
That was a great modification of the Unimat to accept the DC motor. I am looking around for one now.

Tin Falcon,
I will check out Blue Ridge now.
Thanks for all of the great responses.

Regards,
Fred

Back