Two Odds & Ends Hit & Miss engines completed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Lee

Reaction score
In February I completed my first gasoline Hit & Miss engine which I gave to my grandson. My 30 year old son then asked me to build him one. I figured I could build two in almost the same amount of time as one since I could take advantage of setups and fixtures. First of all it was not as much fun since it was too much like production work. I don't think I will be making any more of these... That being said I have completed them and a video of them running follows:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kFTqh3FuDo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice, thanks for sharing. Reconsider buiding anymore after you give yourself a break.

very nice looking engines harold :eek: :eek: 8)

what is the next engine going to be????

chuck

Wow Harold, nice engines. I know what you mean about production work, I am working on 2 little flame licker 'poppin' engines. I had to buy enough material for 2 and thought I might as well do 2 a tthe same time to save on set up time etc but it's not as much fun - when you've done 1 part it's a chore doing the other!

Nick

Back