Turntable

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnesrickw

Reaction score
I finished my manual turntable, or rotary table. There is no build log because I am never certain I will finish whatI start, and there are only four parts. I drilled the holes in the side to fit the chuck tightening bars that came with my Taig lathe. The top surface holes are tapped and threaded 10-32, again because that seems to be a Taig standard. I need to find a good way to lock it in position, but am happy with the smoothness of the movement, and the flatness and concentricity.

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1444195149.758327.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1444195170.584631.jpg

Nice and simple! Come up with a good lock and you can do most things
with that. Circular milling with a long bar for motion; simple.
Thm:

Pete

Hi if you look at my thread on a cheap rotary table you can cut a dovetail slot around the outside and fit T nuts stop.I also used the detent bracket to fit a
simple screw friction brake that can be used as a lock.Your looks similar to mine and i have found it invaluable as a rotary table/deviding head
if you want any details let me know. Regards barry

Mine looks similar to yours for a reason. 😊. I've seen that thread, and thanks.

Latest posts

Back