Tool Aquzition Sindrome

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don1966

Reaction score
Am I the only one that has what I call "Tool aquzition Sindrome". It seem like I can not stop buying tools. The old credit cards gets a good work out every month. Every time I look at a tool catalog or browse through a tool web sites see something that I want or can use to make things easier for me. This is getting very addictive.

Don

I don't have a problem! I can handle it!....

;D

I know what you mean Don.

Dave

SWIMBO has been accusing me of that for years... ::)

Mike

Since when has it become a problem?

The more tools you have, the more problems you can solve...

shop%2520%252860%2529.jpg

Before I joined this forum I was clean, now at the tender age of 19 I can honestly say that I am an addict :-[
Thanks alot guys! ::)
That being said I do rather enjoy having said "Tool acquisition Syndrome" ;D

KustomKB said:
Since when has it become a problem?

The more tools you have, the more problems you can solve...

It becomes a problem when SWMDBO as pointed questions like, "Where is that handbag you promised to repair the latch on?"

Found it, (luckily still wrapped in plastic), under a stack of old towels I keep for rags. I knew I'd put it somewhere to let the epoxy fully cure.

WHEW :-* :-* :-*

Don1966 said:
Am I the only one that has what I call "Tool aquzition Sindrome". It seem like I can not stop buying tools. The old credit cards gets a good work out every month. Every time I look at a tool catalog or browse through a tool web sites see something that I want or can use to make things easier for me. This is getting very addictive.

Don
Don what you need is a CNC retrofit project to really get you going. You'll need a 2nd or 3rd credit card to feed all the hidden costs!

Hell Dickeybird i am already on my second and third credit card. ;D
Sure glad I am not alone here LoL!

Don

Hey speedy

Yes I did thankyou! ....It great to have the draw space for stuff.

P1010002.jpg

Dave

Steamer: It's nice to see you've balanced Tool Aquzition Sindrome with Space Allocation Disorder. Can anyone out there say with a straight face
" Can't think of another tool I need or want." Roger

Gee Dave that is one collection of drawer space, I like it. I need to get orginized like that. Can you jam any more in there LOL!!

Don

Heh....you should see it NOW!.... :big:

That's down right spacious!

Now....and in addition....
I have this
P3060059.jpg

and this

2012-04-05_20-21-37_848.jpg

Dave

Ooh! Dave that Soutbend is looking real good. I still haven't decided which lathe to get yet, but I will decide before the year is over. New doesn't mean anything now days, the quality is gone. I just want something rigid and worth the price you pay for it. Grizzly will probably be where I buy it.
I also just purchase a horizontal band saw for Grizzly take a look http://www.grizzly.com/products/5-x-6-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw-w-Swivel-Head/G9742. That is one machine I do like it cuts metal very well. I tested it on a 4 x 4" iron bar it cuts nice and straight. I also converted my vertical band saw to variable speed that helps a lot.

Don

I know what you mean Don....The SB turned into more project than I was hoping it would be , but I think it will be worth the money and effort in the end.
That's a nice saw! Most used tool in my shop is my ubiquitous 4x6...gotta be 15 years old now.
Dave

I think I have that syndrome!!!!

Running out of space in the basement
is serious cause of concern!!!!!

Andrew

YUP

And it all starts with a River in Egypt! :big:

Dave

Kevin,

Is there any chance of a close up of your air tool rack or dimensions, as I need to make one fairly soon as I am still doing a reshape of my workshop and my air tools are taking up precious shelf space.

In exchange, I will send you to a post on how I hang my piston toolpost holders using nothing more than a bit of brown stuff and a few 1/4" bars.

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=1029.0

John

Latest posts

Back