Tim-6 igniton issues. Please help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyz3385

Reaction score
I have built a howell v-twin engine over the past couple years whenever I get free time. A couple months ago I was able to finish it enough to try and fire it up. I purchased the tim-6 ignition setup as per directed from the prints. From Mr. Howells site I ordered the 2 ignition chips, hall sensors and coils. I wired everything according to his directions that came with the parts. I am receiving a strong spark on my #1 cylinder but the #2 is weak. In fact when the hall sensor is triggered for #2 it will spark both plugs.

I replaced both hall sensors and swapped the plugs with the same results.

I even went back through my wiring and made sure that each coil has its own ground and power wire. Both are exactly the same. I used an Ethernet wire for connecting the hall sensors to the tim-6 boards. For some reason though I can't get it to spark correctly. Anyone else have an issue like this or can steer me into the correct direction?

Thank you
Mike

Hello mike.
I allso had problem with the TIM ignition. I swapped to Roy Scoll's Cdi ignitionmodule and my Hoglet fired up at the first try:)
Google SSmachine and you will find this:

"RCEXL TWIN CYLINDER CM-6 SPARK PLUG
$95.00
HALL SWITCH *NOT INCLUDED"

Hope this will help you
CS

Thank you for a quick reply. I'm tempted to purchase this set but I would like to find some other solutions as to why this isn't working since it cost me alot of money. It's very frustrating haha if all else fails I will end up purchasing this

Back