THE LJUNGSTRÖM "CRANKLESS" ENGINE

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, :bow: its given me a far clearer view of how it all works.

Now I can get on and draw up a CAD model..

I'm also interested in having a go at one of these crankless Jobie's for a small boat engine.

I'm not an expert on valve timing, so a question...with the cylinders positioned in line with the longest and shortest axis of the ellipse as in the pictures on douglas-self.com, what makes it start? There was talk of adding other cylinder banks, and if they were 45 degrees out then that would do it...... Does this mean a 4 cylinder example is not self starting without manual input.

I wonder if the original motors are languishing on a dusty college shelf somewhere in Newcastle? Stranger things have happened!

So you've had a month now Jeff, where's this cad file!!!!!!

dvbydt:- I feel your pain on discovering someone got there first! I managed to "reinvent" the submerged weir a few years ago when my employer needed to separate a lot of water from the oil we were feeding to a bearing....none of us was into steam engines back then, so I thought I was brilliant, and so did they! I even got £50 out of the "good ideas scheme" so it wasn't all bad.

Back