The Elmer Verburg Wobble Plate Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason4420

Reaction score
In searching for a first engine to build I have downloaded, printed out, studied, and even started a few but have always hit a road block. The nicest are almost always in metric, to which i'm not yet equipped to drill, tap, etc. The most unique ones are above my ability at the moment or I just don't have the patients to see through. With the weather turning poor i'm finding myself in my shop a lot more, so I set out to find a project. It had to be from cardstock, not metric, and not to complicated ( don't want spend all winter scraping camshafts) i need an accomplishment . I stumbled across this set of plans on a site I hadn't visited in a year or so. Www.john-tom.com .

ForumRunner_20121126_235550.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_235621.jpg

I then chucked up an old bronze hammer head and whittled out a couple crank bushings.

ForumRunner_20121127_000533.jpg

ForumRunner_20121127_000727.jpg

Then I pressed one of the bronze bushings into front plate that I made but forgot to take a pic.

ForumRunner_20121127_010150.jpg

I clamped front bearing plate in mill and cut first angle. Just eyed it up

ForumRunner_20121127_170104.jpg

Then I measured rear height with a couple gauge blocks so I could flip over and repeat. It is pivoting on bearing shoulder .

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121127_170512.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121127_170512.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 891
Looking good so far.

Elmer's Engines offers a lot of good starter projects. I've done two myself and recently started on the next two.

Thayer

Looking good. I've always intended to make one of these, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Is there a particular reason you hijacked Jason4420's thread as your own? I find this to be incredibly rude.

Is there a particular reason you hijacked Jason4420's thread as your own? I find this to be incredibly rude.

I didn't realize I highjacked his thread.
I read it initially and thought I would add some input by starting on the Wobble plate.

Cheers
Wayne

I had the intention of banging out this build before Christmas, but have not been in shop for a month. I'm glad this has started a place were people can share there experience of working on this engine. I don't mind it being " hijacked ". Lol

Hi Jason 4420,

I built this engine last year and I love the way it works, it has a very nice tone to its exhaust.

Well done and keep on going.

Regards and Greetings,

A.G

Sorry, I thought is was more than coincidence that hdwrench had posted, and you disappeared. His engine looks very nice, but I thought it rude to "upstage" you in your first build.

hdwrench, my apologies if I sounded overly harsh.

Latest posts

Back