The Bearing Box

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed miles

Reaction score
The topic for me is ball and roller bearings. Your enquiries on design, modifications or replacements are most welcome. Bearings of this type are very complicated andwhen you start looking for them in distributors or other sources the price can vary widely.

We can also help when shaft and housing repairs are needed to get your machinery or model back into operation. It is intended that we can turn some of the questions into mini teaching exersizes that demonstrate how the outcome is arrived at. Sketches and drawings would also be used to show how the various design configurations to meet the requirements of the application. A simple question can lead in many directions and provide diversified answers. Give us the opportunity to deal with you needs.

Regards Ed Miles

Hal, the only bearing of it's type that I can find is an INA bearing "D15" with the 1.378" bore but the O.D. is 2.469" and the width is 0.750". By the dimensions you have it sounds like it is a custom made bearing for the machine. Do you have any idea how old the machine is, and if the builder is still in business. Do not take it a part yet since it does not have a cage inside and all the balls will all fall out. Give me a little time to look in some other areas and see what turns up.

Regards Ed

Hal, a correction the width should be 0.626".

Regards Ed

Ed

I'm not sure of the exact age of the machine , the earliest maintenance record is 1993. I thought late eighties or early nineties???

I did a Google search and did get a factory hit in Spain. I have not tried them yet.

Well off to work, I'll check back in to night.

Thanks for your time and trouble..

Hal

Latest posts

Back