Taper turning with Boring Head in lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deanofid said:
Rick, and all other folks who would like a math book geared to normal people, (machinists), check out this google book:

Mathematics for Machinists
http://tinyurl.com/yjdn6bs

Lindsay's Books used to have it in print. Maybe still does. Well worth buying a copy if
you can get one.
Has all kinds of math pertaining specifically to the machine shop. I keep a copy on the
tool chest.

Dean

My book arrived today, yipee!!! Thanks for the good advise, Dean! I saw new ones advertised, and also a listing of 5 used ones starting at (are you ready for this) forty nine cents! Soo... of course I bought the one for 49 cents. ;D

They overcharged me on the $3.98 shipping. The postage tag shows $2.38, and the most the bubble bag could have cost is 75 cents. Should I complain about the $1 they overcharged me on the price of the shipping??? "Honey" says the book looks like it was never opened or read, based on the lack of a single crease on the spline. The seller called its condition only "good". I was expecting a tattered and stained book, or one with a few holes in it made by someone trying out their pellet gun.

I just love buying on the internet! 8)

-MB

p1030316o.jpg

mklotz said:
And machinists *are* normal?

You better believe it, chief.

Dean

p.s. You're welcome, Rick! That's the same copy I have.

DW

Latest posts

Back