Swifty's build of Rupnow engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great looking and running engine. Fine work, and a super video. I like the gear sound too! If it was silent it'd be an electric motor, right?:hDe:

Congratulations

Cheers,
Phil

Reactions: gus
Thanks for the comments guys, I suppose the noise of the gears would be improved a bit if I used purchased spiral ones.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Great engine running and great video taken with a good camera. Please advise brand and model.
Videos taken with my Iphone is barely acceptable.
Just got back from Thailand. Great food and fishing. Just to much rainfall. Will be working on the arbor for the Module 1.0 Gear Cutter to cut the Mitre Gears. Been reading on gear cutting.

Hi Gus, the video camera is a JVC GZ-HM1, it's full HD 1080 output, 10 mega pixel. My son couldn't find the software installation disc, and I could not find anywhere on the Internet to download it, so had a bit of trouble downloading to my computer. But it all went well in the end.

I have an old video camera somewhere that records on tapes, not worth the trouble to look for it.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Just took a look at your last video. Should done this earlier and would and saved lots of time.
Planning to do up the Hitting & Missing and make it more pronounced. That is the vroom vroom when it cuts-in and speed up and cut-off. Just as if Paul is doing the manual vrooming.

Putting in the drawers now for the Tool Cabinet. The plywood supplier goofed. Some pieces not squared up.Have to clear up this mess.

Before starting on the Nemett-Lynx Engine,will do homework that is read/comprehend and plan every step and have mikes and vernier calipers to check ODs. etc.

Hi Gus, perhaps you should go for the original designed carb, it may work more authentic.

I haven't got my materials for the Nemett Lynx yet, must do so next week.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back