Summer Garden battles about to begin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put up a greenhouselast October in anticipation of getting an early start on gardening efforts this year.

Attachments

• A04F7CCA-48B1-46F3-9A05-6143A676DA38.jpeg
    A04F7CCA-48B1-46F3-9A05-6143A676DA38.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
I put up a greenhouselast October in anticipation of getting an early start on gardening efforts this year.
Oh wow! That looks great, and I bet it will be a lot of fun, and maybe just a tiny bit of work, too.
I have tried to talk my wife and/or daughter into having a greenhouse, but they both poo-pooed the idea. I am just interested in the engineering possibilities it presents: water system, heating, ventilation, fans, maybe some sun protection. They saw right thru that and knew that was my end-game.

Poppy Ott, are your motives pure? Just for the vegtables and flowers? LOL

Edit: I just noticed those knocked over lounge chairs next to the pool. You managed to convert pool space to your gardening space???? How'd you manage that?

Oh wow! That looks great, and I bet it will be a lot of fun, and maybe just a tiny bit of work, too.
I have tried to talk my wife and/or daughter into having a greenhouse, but they both poo-pooed the idea. I am just interested in the engineering possibilities it presents: water system, heating, ventilation, fans, maybe some sun protection. They saw right thru that and knew that was my end-game.

Edit: I just noticed those knocked over lounge chairs next to the pool. You managed to convert pool space to your gardening space???? How'd you manage that?
It’s actually next to the pool. Would rather have a hot tub than the pool.

A break room?

Yes, this sub forum is "The Break Room", for topics other than model engines. But no politics or religion or anything that might encourage a fight, LOL.

Here is a copy of rule # 8,
which can be found here:
https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/heres-the-rules.9065/
--------
8)DO stay on topic this board is about model engine building.The machines and techniqes to complete the task. Try to pick the sub fora that fits your question or your post. Use the break room for OT fun stuff.
---------

I hope this sheds light on what the Break Room is. Gardens, pets, other hobbies, vacations, health, etc.

EDIT- I think the OT fun stuff is "Off Topic" fun stuff. (I like the "fun" part.)

Last edited:

snip

I now also have the materials here for a greenhouse.
(I getting quite tired of vegetable costs from the store - - - - time to grow more!)
Ordered most of the shell and equip (not all likely but the bulk) in very early Sep - - - - got the stuff in early Dec.
Going to have to wait for spring to get it put up and that's when the gardening is starting full bore.

Its going to be a busy spring!!!!!

(The list of stuff to do isn't seeming to get any shorter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I now also have the materials here for a greenhouse.
Its going to be a busy spring!!!!!

(The list of stuff to do isn't seeming to get any shorter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I think those "lists" will outlast all of us. Enjoy your green house . Sure wish I had one. .SIGH.......

EDIT- I do have 3 sheets of plate glass, each 3' x 6', which would be a decent start. They were freebies.

Last edited:
I think those "lists" will outlast all of us. Enjoy your green house . Sure wish I had one. .SIGH.......

EDIT- I do have 3 sheets of plate glass, each 3' x 6', which would be a decent start. They were freebies.
Hmmmm - - - if you use polycarbonate panels for the lower areas and dual poly inflated walls for the upper part the structure isn't too expensive.
Now the lighting and the other support items - - - - that's another story!!!!!

Latest posts

Back