stover coffin top it goes

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the engineer

Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/5IPZU8qx2oU[/ame]
hi this is a little coffin top stover i made a couple of years ago and have finally got it running right
this is just taken at the end of a marathon 8 hours run most of it has been around 600 rpm some of it as slow as 420 it has been great to hear it run so well for so long
it appears that my main trouble was my ignition system i found that it had spark both directions but had slower triggering anti clockwise so just moved the cam for oposite rotation and a stronger inlet valve spring and viola slow running like never before now just have to rebush the little end the rod appears to be a little soft so a bush should do the trick
darn i thought i had that video right grr i will try again when im not so tired
or you can see my you tube vids just look at
MrTheengineer on you tube

Last edited:
Nice little runner Mate :cool:
Pete

yes it goes now pete
but very nearly got relegated to the top shelf in the lounge room as a static display i was guite disapointed in it that it wouldnt run like its fullsize brother that its modeld off but now when i show the two together running at the vintage display days it sure can hold is headup so to speak .
now i think i will make some thing for it to work with so i will put the thinking cap on

Latest posts

Back