Still Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I'm still around, to the dismay of the Mrs.:), but haven't been doing much of anything. I have been trying to stay active since destroying my back, even though 75% of it doesn't bend anymore with the rods installed. Keep up with the new posts and really want to machine something. Having to see what happens about selling the house since I can no longer work, then move to a much smaller place, set up a workshop with my back in mind, etc., etc.,etc. But to everyone else, keep up the incredible projects.....

Hope you get better soon. Moving house with a disability sounds bloody awful.

I have got my workshop set up with garage-sale stools and chairs of varying heights for working at different benches, the lathe, on motorbikes etc as I can't stand very long at all. Plus bought cheap garage sale friction cut-off saws, circular wood saw, jig saw etc so I don't have to do any strenuous handsawing. And got a little handcart, so moving anything about I use that, even from the driveway into the garage. It all helps. But you have to still be prepared to do projects in small increments when able and to stop when you hit the point where you should stop, rather than pushing on until you HAVE to stop and then spending days recovering.

So it can be done. And the best thing about not being able to work any more is don't have much money but have plenty of time for projects and for ferreting out cheap workshop equipment, scrap metal etc etc.

Latest posts

Back