Stepped clamps for rotary table

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am setting up to cut gears using a 4” Vertex Rotary Table on my X2 Mill. Somewhere, in my research, I saw a picture of the same RT, clamped to a mill table using custom low profile clamps that nearly filled the slots on the Vertex and didn’t interfere with either the RT table or the chuck that was mounted. I didn’t think at the time to save the picture or ask the poster about it. Now I can’t find it.
The clamps did not require the use of the standard clamping kit step blocks. They looked like an upside down stair case.
Anyone know where this design came from? Can I get a reference or even a sketch of the dimensions, please?
Thanks,
Chuck

I found the website I got the idea from, but it's in German, and I don't read or write German. I'm not that good in my native 'Merican English...
It's here"

http://www.metallmodellbau.de/GEAR-CUTTING.php

No link or indication to translate the web page or corespond in english with the author of the article. I can see the clamp I'm talking about in several views, so I'll just measure up my RT and see if I can make something like it!

Chuck

I have tried Google Translate, but it doesn't do a very good job. A lot is 'lost in the translation', as they say.
I have e-mailed the site to see if further info is available.

Chuck

You have to take into consideration with German translations, that the verb is at the end of the sentence, for example, "I am the gear cutting" instead of "I am cutting the gear".

Paul.

Have a look at the clamps I made for my vices Chuck. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8PYsMuimqY&index=2&list=UUvgjaFKOYZ2ICOBKcoQ-9jA[/ame]

I just cut them from 50x50x6 angle iron and drilled a hole in them. They work fine.

Jim

Latest posts

Back