Starting my new "engine" and looking for this part

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huse0054

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea where I would locate a part like this? I am not sure what it is even called. It needs to mate securely into the end of a shaft that turns and also needs to be able to be removed fairly easily. So kind of like a press fit.

Screenshot2011-03-03at95523PM.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This being a model making forum, people tend to make their parts. You didn't tell us what the part is for so it hard to determine exactly what you need.

I will comment on the attachment to the shaft. A press fit into the end of a shaft would require a custom made puller to remove it. I would suggest a sliding fit with a setscrew to retain it and make it easy to remove.

Hello Matt, can you give us a bit more detail or perhaps show us another image with the mating shaft or part in place. That would provide for a bit clearer explanation of your query. Of hand it appears, that the stub you are showing us is some type of locating dowel pin with two annular grooves or 'O' rings in same. Give us some more information to go on and I'm certain we can provide you with the answers you seek.

McMaster Carr would be my first suggestion choice to use in finding what you are looking for, provided I have interpreted correctly.

BC1
Jim

Back