start of a 7x 12 mini lathe taper attachment.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCRIPPPer

Reaction score
here is the beginning of a taper attachment for my mini lathe. i have the guide bar and the plate it sits on done. i still need to build the mounting arms that will clamp to the lathe bed and the carriage that rides on the guide bar.

got the support arms done. just need to make the slide block and a bracket to tie it to the cross slide.

getting there.

got the taper attachment carriage fitted to the guide bar. need to make a linkage to the cross slide now.

this is my first real project using lots of steel.

just need to make a washer for the big 8mm bolt and it should work. i need to fix the gib for my cross slide tho. the cross slide likes to lift off the ways. only mod to the machine was tapping two holes for m5 screws for the aluminum piece that pulls the cross slide.

Well done. I need to make one of those myself.

Ron

thanks. made my first mt #2. fits good. this is a pic after fitting it onto the tailstock quill. it was covered in sharpie and all the bare metal is the contact aria. i had to clean it up with a file to get the nice fit.

sorry no plans. i just built it off the top of my head lol.

Please, just a quick sketch with the critical dimentions? Please? I would like to build one for my 7x14. How did you make the slots in the plate? Did you use a Rotary Table?

Chuck

thanks guys. material is aluminum and steel. the bar and block are steel, the linking piece and the base are aluminum, and the two arms that hook it to the bed are also steel. (all hot roll)

i use it mostly for cutting mt2 and r8 tapers.

Back