SpinningEngineerman

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronald305

Reaction score
Hi there
would anyone of the Gentleman that has the website SpinningEngineerman and if so has anyone tried to e-mail him and gotten a reply back reason I'm asking Is I had e-mailed him three times to ask him if he could send me more information on the brass steam engine that he built, I would like to build it myself but he will not reply back I don't why-thank you
Ronald

Hi Ronald

Do you perhaps have a full URL link to the web site you mentioned ? I can't find any reference to a "SpinningEngineerman" site - not even Google helps.

Kind regards, Arnold

I seem to recall stumbling on that site and the brass clone of a Stuart #1 about 6 to 12 months ago. At that time the link to the build pictures worked. They no longer seem to work now. If I remember correctly, he built it from scratch using a hunk of an old propeller shaft. Parts like the bases, flywheel, and cylinder were built up from many rough pieces and various scrap and silver soldered together. He has made some very nice looking engines. After I get a few casting kits under my belt, perhaps I will have the courage to try to do a scratch build.

Robin

that is the model I speaking of but the gentleman will not reply to my questions or request has anyone e-mailed him and actually gotten a reply back
Ronald

I am fairly certain that you are wanting John Bentley's site. He is a real gentleman, highly skilled and if you try to contact him at [email protected] I am sure you will receive a reply. I contacted him six years ago re silver soldering and I received a very kind and informational reply. I hope this helps.
Ted.

Back