Spammers on the website--warning--angie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like he's everywhere, now. Egads!

Not to pirate the thread, BUT. Today I got a message from AOL. Said if I was tired of the advertising, I could pay to not see it. Curious, I clicked on the link, which said for about $ 6.50/month, It would go away. I made my exit without any other action. Ever since, I have been flooded with ads, like 300% more, and it only took a couple minutes.

Spammers have v\been busy lately. They get very creative about getting around the various systems that iev andAngie implements to keep them out. She gets up to 100 BOGUS registrations a day that never get to post. Herbiev and I field the ones that do get by. The other Admins join in when they can also. I am up to 44 deleted posts for the day and I know Herviev has gotten a bunch also. But that is more than normal.

Thanks to all the members to report spam posts. using the. "Report this post" check box at the bottom of each post. It really helps a lot as we don't have time to read every post. We like to build toys too.

Gail in NM

There is no 'report this post" checkbox. There are 4 options available 1 is "edit this post, 1 is "reply with quote', 1 is 'multi-quote this message", and 1 is"quick reply to this message" that is all there is.

Sorry Brian. I should have explained in more detail. Thanks to Journeyman for doing my job.
Gail in NM

Well, looks like he's everywhere, now. Egads!

Not to pirate the thread, BUT. Today I got a message from AOL. Said if I was tired of the advertising, I could pay to not see it. Curious, I clicked on the link, which said for about $ 6.50/month, It would go away. I made my exit without any other action. Ever since, I have been flooded with ads, like 300% more, and it only took a couple minutes.

Yep ! Classic mistake. In the time that it took for your browser to connect your machine was compromised. Now the problem is getting rid.

Latest posts

Back