Sovereign Hill Steam Day 2011

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agr

Reaction score

Sovereign Hill is an outdoor museum in my home town of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. It's theme is the re-creation of an 1850's Australian Gold mining town.
http://www.sovereignhill.com.au/

For thje second year in a row they have had a special "steam day" where, along with their own permanent steam exhibits, they have people bring in steam models and full size traction engines to run around for the day.

Apart from the excitement of running a traction engine on some different terrain than the oval arena of our club, it also provides for some great photos

SAM_1044.jpg

SAM_1033.jpg

SAM_1023.jpg

SAM_1018.jpg

SAM_1021.jpg

SAM_10142.jpg

SAM_0998.jpg

SAM_1010.jpg

SAM_0997.jpg

SAM_0995.jpg

SAM_0987-1.jpg

Thanks for posting those AGR - only been to Sovereign Hill once - loved it!

tel said:
Thanks for posting those AGR - only been to Sovereign Hill once - loved it!

Me too, although I've been 3 times ;D

Best Regards
Bob

AGR

Thanks for posting the wonderful photos taken at the Sovereign Hill outdoor museum. There is certainly a lot of horse power being displayed there. It is nice to see that they have the whole place reflecting the steam era. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

AGR
Well thanks a lot! now I have to go to another steam show, in Australia no less.
Great pictures, looks like a great place to visit, it's on my list
Peter

Well all I can say is bugger. We will be there next Tuesday, so missed that steam day and also missing the Steam day at Horsham as well. Those traction engines streaming up and down those streets would be excellent to see.

Just my usual luck, day late, $1 short. I love Sovereign Hill and been there around 6 times since it started. Seen lots of improvements and few not so good changes. Echuca on the river boats is another excellent place.

Barry G

Oh yar! Echuca, get a big + from me as well - one of my favourite places ever.

Latest posts

Back