south bend tool holder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
i just bought a turret style tool holder for my 9" south bend lathe, it is kind of a rare piece for a 9".
IMG_0413.jpg

to index the tool you just lift the lever and it disengages a pin and allows you to turn the turret. the turret locks in 4 place (90 degrees apart). if you unlock the turret you can lift it right out.
when i lifted the turret block out for the first time i thought about making a new block that would hold boring bars.
so after a days worth of turning and milling here it is. ;D
IMG_0415.jpg

and another pic showing the bottom
IMG_0414.jpg

it should be a great addition to my shop when it comes to turning allot of similar parts.

chuck

Not wanting to pollute Zee's thread on Indicators any further, thought I'd toss in my own just found source of noise. Thanks ZEE :) Itty Bitty piece of chip found its way into the change gears, not quite to the growling stage due to the lower RPM of the gear train but Tinky Tink never-the-less. A noise that doesn't belong, found. Least it was small and didnt deform the gears any, they are such a pain to find.

So even with covers, chips like everything else that gets dropped, finds there way to the place you'd never expect.

Robert

Gear-a1.jpg

Back