soooo new

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daleodale

Reaction score
Hello everybody, this is my very first post. I am so new I don't even have any tools yet.I am hoping to change that soon. I have no real plans, I just plan on taking it slow and learn as I go. For you see I have never done anything like this at all. But I do have a love for anything steam, So I have decided to learn this as my new late in life hobby. I am so ready to have fun. I hope to get a lot of help here also. So be warned there is a new kid on the block.
Thank you, Dale Austin
AKA daleodale

welcome, there is more infoand help here than you will ever be able to soak up.
So enjoy a great hobby
chris

Hi Dale I was know as Dale le Dale in high school. Glad to have you .It all starts as a dream ,sounds like you have the bug .You can get some good buys on e-bay. Good luck .Dale

Dale,

Welcome. You have the right attitude to succeed in this hobby. Take it slow and ask questions. The other "right" attitude is to not let failure to deter you. Most noobs, make most, if not all, of their first engine's parts over.

Bob

Welcome Dale!! ;D

I too am so new to this world!
I have been fooling around with my lathe for a while now and i still have a lifetime of learning to do!
It is all good though, so long as you take it slow and enjoy the ride!!!

Andrew

Dale,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Dale. You can get any help you need here. No matter how simple or stupid you think a question is, you will get a very good professional answer here.
Look forward to seeing your very first build.
George

Welcome, I know this board and all its great members have helped me tremendously. Hope the same goes for you.

Welcome to the forum Dale, This is a great place to learn tons of great tricks of the trade/hobby ! Yet another Dale!

Yeah a welcome from me too, So........... Your interested in machine tools and machining. LOL, You have absolutely no comprehension of just what a can of worms your about to open. It's all good though. Frustrating sometimes, But also very rewarding overall.

I'll give you your first tip, Save your breath trying to explain why your interested and want to do metal machining at home to the non metalworking people in your life. People either "get" the concept right away and think it's a great idea, Or they may think your off the wall borderline not quite sane. I hope you like to read, Either way your going to be doing lots of that.

Pete

Latest posts

Back