Small Screw Screwholders

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
If you have troubles with small sizes then these could help.

This week I had occasion to a screwholder to replace screws in an awkward place. To access these screws you peel off a sticker revealing a slot. The slot is just lager than the screw head and a bit longer than two screws side by side. The screws, MM size, were about 2" below the cover. You have to remove these to remove a flat lever through the side then remove the cover. Insert design rant here ....... . Replacing these screws is a problem, a presently damaged thumb compounds the matter.

Some years ago I was introduced to these screwholders at a factory school. They are non-magnetic so working with brass is no problem and they are available in sizes starting at #0's, the flat tip in that size is 1/32" wide. They are very easy to use, just insert in the slot and push on. To reset tap the back end. I have used the flat ones in a pinch on socket head screws with a bit of success although not designed as such.

http://hjjcoinc.com/products.html

Now if they can only make them for miniature hex head bolts.

Shadow said:
Now if they can only make them for miniature hex head bolts.

Just make a tiny hex, slit it, and expand it from the opposite end with a tapered rod.

Latest posts

Back