Sincere lathe and drill press?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forestgnome please post an introduction as per the forum rules. You will get more response if we know a little about who we are talking to

Please do post an introduction.
as for the machine advise probably decent bang for the buck jewelers lathe drill press. it could be handy for small machining jobs.
It ship directly from china so it is Chinese import. I would expect a pre assembled kit. it will likely have a poor finish and burs to clean up and nasty stuff to clean off when you get it.
you will need a motor and likely accessories to get full use out of it. There is no mention of a belt or motor as being included.
IMHO a good jewelers lathe will be designed in such a way as the belt can come up through the bench. the drill press the belt should come from the rear.
A good usa made sensitive drill press can cost twice this and you do not have the jeweler lathe capability.
My thoughts your dime. If you buy it tell us about your experience. Write a tool review.
Tin

Forestgnome please post an introduction as per the forum rules. You will get more response if we know a little about who we are talking to
Must have missed that rule. Sorry 'bout that. I'll post an intro on your Welcome board.

Back